Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church is a family of men, women, and children, whose mission is to nurture and strengthen our members through the power of God’s Word and Sacraments, and to reach out to all nations with the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ.
OUR CORE VALUES
As members of Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church, we value. . . .
. . . .God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, who created us, redeemed us, called us to be his own, and keeps us in his care until we reach eternal life in heaven. God’s Word has brought us to know our God and his love. That love also compels us to value the following core functions of Beautiful Savior:
Worship – We demonstrate our love for the God of our salvation by:
- Proclaiming God’s Word – both Law and Gospel
- Gathering around both sacraments – Baptism and the Lord’s Supper
- Praising God through a variety of worship settings and musical gifts
- Approaching God’s throne with prayers and petitions
- Glorifying him with our offerings
Spiritual Growth – We believe it is vital to continue to grow in our faith by:
- Faithfully hearing God’s Word in worship and participating in the Lord’s Supper
- Having a faithful devotional life at home
- Offering practical, “real-life” studies on Christian marriage, parenting, etc.
- Offering a variety of edifying Bible Classes for various age groups and demographics,
including Sunday School, VBS, and other youth opportunities.
Fellowship – We have the opportunity to enjoy the unity of the Spirit that binds us together
as one family in Christ by:
- Meeting together for worship and Bible Study
- Enjoying a variety of fellowship activities
- Encouraging and praying for one another
- Reaching out in love to the erring and those in need
- Supporting the work of fellow believers in our Synod and around the world
Evangelism – We strive to share God’s Word in our community and in the world by:
- Carrying out a well-planned program of outreach to our community
- Generously supporting the worldwide mission of the WELS
- Letting his light shine in our words and deeds
- “Always being prepared to give an answer for the hope that we have” to our
friends, relatives, and neighbors.
Christian Service – By the power of the Gospel working in our hearts, we seek to offer
ourselves in God’s service by:
- Using our time, talents, and treasures to glorify him
- Looking for ways to serve God and others in our congregational and personal lives
- Giving God the glory with our attitudes and in our actions
- Appreciating the gifts of the Spirit (faith, hope, and love) and displaying the fruits of
the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control)
- Bearing with one another in love and forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave us.
THIS WE BELIEVE
To learn more about our beliefs, use the link "This We Believe" above.